A fire risk assessment determines what you need to do to prevent fire, as well as what you need to do in the event of a fire. It is a legal requirement if your business consists of more than five people, or if you rent out properties.
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires the responsible person of a premises to carry out a fire risk assessment, often the employer or owner of the workplace. If you do not follow fire safety regulations you could pay an unlimited fine and serve a prison sentence of up to two years.
A fire risk assessment helps you to identify fire hazards, identify those at risk and determine what you need to do to reduce or remove any risks. It covers things like emergency routes and exits, fire detection systems, emergency evacuation plans, firefighting equipment and training.
Fire risk assessments should be reviewed once a year, to factor in any changes to your business like a change in employee numbers or change in business activity.
If you do not have the time to carry out a fire risk assessment, we are here to help. Hawkesworth can carry out an extensive fire risk assessment on your behalf, providing a written report with recommendations.
For extra safety and protection, we also offer a fire alarm testing service.
Why choose Hawkesworth for your fire risk assessment requirements?
- We are fully experienced and accredited: All of our assessors are experienced in fire risk assessment, many with decades of experience in the industry
- We provide the same exceptional service, no matter the size of your business: We have experience of supplying fire risk assessments to multi-site companies, through to small organisations and landlords
- We offer a free reminder service: Don’t worry about forgetting to get your fire risk assessment reviewed as we provide a courtesy reminder service
- We’re a one-stop-shop for your businesses safety requirements:As well as fire risk assessments; we provide a range of services including electrical equipment (PAT) testing, EICR inspections, emergency lighting testing, fire alarm testing and thermal imaging
- We provide expert advice, any time you need it: We keep all our customers up to date with the latest industry developments, so you are fully informed at all times