An Electrical Installation Condition Report is the inspection and testing of electrical installations like light fittings, fuse boxes and plug sockets. It is also known as EICR, hard wire testing, fixed wire testing and periodic inspection and testing.
Electrical installations can become damaged over time and pose a potential fire risk.
Hawkesworth specialises in EICR testing and will carry out the inspections needed to help your business remain compliant, providing you with a certificate to prove your business is compliant with regulations.
EICR testing is a statutory responsibility to ensure your workplace or rental property is compliant with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 and should be carried out between every three and five years depending on the installation type.
Why choose Hawkesworth for your EICR testing requirements?
- Our engineers are available across the country: We have a network of highly-skilled engineers that cover EICR testing across England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Ireland and the Channel Islands
- We are available for testing any time: We can carry out your EICR testing in the evenings and at weekends
- We’re fully accredited: We are members of NICEIC and the ECA, ensuring that you receive a high-quality and reputable service
- We provide services to businesses large and small: We have experience in delivering fixed wire electrical testing to multi-site companies, as well as independent companies and landlords
- We offer a fully flexible service: If you have a lot of installations to test, we can stagger your testing for convenience, and provide a free reminder service when testing is due
- We’re a one-stop-shop for your businesses safety requirements: As well as EICR testing; we provide a range of services including:
- We provide expert advice any time you need it: We keep all of our customers up to date with the latest developments in the sector, so you are fully informed at all times
Useful EICR links
- A guide to EICR for landlords
- All you need to know about EICR
- EIC and EICR - what is the difference?
- EICR testing in HMOs
- How often landlords should renew their EICR
- How often should I get an EICR?
- Landlord electrical safety certificates - the law is changing
- Severfield - How Hawkesworth keeps its factories safe
- The future of the workplace - what will change?
- What happens if my EICR inspection is unsatisfactory?
- What is the meaning of the classification codes used?