Electrical Installation Conditioning Report, is the result of the inspection and testing of all the fixed electrical installations in your building. If we identify a danger during our testing, we’ll quickly and efficiently fix the problem and make it safe.
- We can provide 24/7 testing so the disruption to your company is minimal
- Multi-site testing completed within the same month or during a time period that works for you
- We help you easily maintain your electrical appliances with free expert advice
What is EICR?
EICR is the inspection and testing of electrical installations – by that we mean things like light fittings and plug sockets. It makes sure that everything functions safely and correctly and ensures your business is compliant with regulations.
It’s sometimes known as fixed wire testing, hard wire testing, electrical testing or periodic inspection and testing.
When the test is completed, we’ll give you a certificate and report so you know exactly what we’ve done.
What does an EICR cover?
An EICR test is similar to a PAT test but instead of portable appliances, it covers all fixed installations. This includes sockets, visible wiring, boilers, hard wired smoke detectors and much more.
How often is an EICR required?
It’s important for tests to be carried out regularly as electrical installations can become damaged over time due to general wear and tear.
As a general rule of thumb:
- Domestic installations, owner-occupied homes, should be carried out every 10 years
- Commercial installations should be carried out every five years
- Industrial installations should be carried out every three years
- Tests should also be conducted on domestic and commercial installations at a change of occupancy too
How much does EICR cost?
The cost of producing an EICR depends on the number of installations we need to inspect and test. For a bespoke quote, get in contact with our team.